Home Page Council News Room Site Map Ask a question Website - information and help Listening and Learning: Compliments, comments and complaints Access Keys

Benefit Change in Circumstances

Change in Circumstances
  1. We have worked out your entitlement to housing benefit and / or council tax support using the most recent information that you have given to us.

    If your circumstances have just changed, or you know they are going to change in the future, you need to tell us straight away. You can use this form to tell us about any changes. If you delay telling us about any changes which will increase the amount of help that we can give you, we may not be able to backdate the change.

    If you don't tell us about a change, we are likely to go on giving you the same amount of help as before and this may be wrong. If you don't tell us when something has changed, or you are slow to tell us, we may end up paying you too much money which we will usually ask you to pay back.

    If your circumstances change please remember to tell us straight away. The change may mean that you get more help. If it means that you get less, it is better to find this out quickly so you do not have to pay back a large overpayment. If you are in any doubt about whether you need to tell us about the change, tell us anyway!
  1. * What do you currently recieve from Cornwall Council?
Form Navigation